Tuesday, September 21, 2010

This Too, Shall Pass...

Initially, when I planned for my Gastric Bypass surgery, I spent a lot of my time writing in this blog.  I felt, I think, that my blog would help me to be accountable to friends and family members who were keeping an eye on my progress.  In a family with divorced parents,  I felt this would be an option for keeping everyone kept "up-to-date", and of course my friends have tuned in as well.


After I returned to my room following the Gastric Bypass  I learned very quickly about my ovarian cyst.  Even before the extent of the cyst was discussed in detail with me, I felt somehow cheated and put in a place where I had to pay attention to something other than my weight loss.  I had wanted to revel in the excitement of my "new life".  I wanted to blog.  I wanted to succeed.  I wanted to focus on the emotional and psychological elements of having a gastric bypass.  I wanted to exercise.   And finally, I wanted to fully commit to the next phases of my weight loss experience without looking back.  


One thing that has perplexed me and served as a real source of confusion is the fact that I have had so much difficulty moving on from the cyst.  I haven't wanted to blog.  I've worried, and dabbled in anger, fear, and even some unproductive emotions while trying to "move on".  But its time.  I am ready to move on.   We've scheduled the date for the upcoming surgery for October 6, 2010.  


My goal now is to visualize a healthy and successful move forward, an uneventful surgery with no surprises post-op.  If you care to help, please visualize success along with me! 


I  continue to feel supported by my amazing group of doctors who generously work with me and one another.   Many, many thanks to Drs. D;  L;  W; and my newly added gynecologist,  Dr. S! 


No comments:

Post a Comment